Helping to Make It Right
Charlotte Wrongful Death Attorneys
Call our team today if you are seeking compensation and damages for a wrongful death. We serve both North and South Carolina. We understand that no amount of money can bring your loved one back or fill the void. However, pursuing a legal settlement for final medical expenses, funeral costs and lost wages can ease the financial hardships that you face as you move forward and begin to rebuild your life.
Why Pursue Compensation for a Negligent Death?
Finding peace of mind following the unexpected loss of a loved one can be incredibly difficult, especially when you know the death was the result of someone else’s negligence and could have been prevented.
Seeking compensation for a death due to negligence can help you obtain a sense of justice, particularly in cases wherein the negligent party is not going to face criminal charges or penalties.
Pursuing damages for your loved one’s untimely demise can help you re-establish your financial stability, and it may help you afford some extra time to grieve.
You can make a difference in the lives of future families going through this situation. Our law firm has helped win landmark cases that resulted in changes to laws and regulations. Your loved one’s wrongful death does not have to be in vain.
Compensation for Wrongful Death
With experienced and skillful legal representation, the surviving parents, spouses and children of victims can successfully pursue compensation for:
- The final care, treatment and hospitalization expenses incurred while life-saving efforts were being made for a loved one.
- Funeral and burial expenses incurred.
- The lost wages and future earnings that the loved one would have contributed to the household.
- Punitive damages may be awarded if it can be proven that the defendant acted with blatant disregard for human life or deliberately inflicted injuries upon the victim. This is an extra measure of punishment that has been known to change laws and regulations for the better.
- Value of the decedent: survivors can also pursue compensation for loss of care, companionship, intimacy, comfort and protection.
When to Call a Wrongful Death Attorney
We know it is not always easy to recount the final days of your loved one’s life, especially when you are still in the midst of grieving. However, it is important to know that the law limits the time you have to take legal action against those responsible. The sooner you act, the sooner you can move forward. We are ready to help you. We are relentless in our pursuit of justice, and we prepare every case as if it will go to trial.
Pursuable Actions for a Wrongful Death Claim
A personal injury accident claim for an unlawful death can be brought for a number of reasons, including:
- Social hosts who serve alcohol to someone they know to be intoxicated and who drives afterward, can be held legally accountable if that person later gets in a car and kills someone. In fact, The Olive Law Firm helped pass the state’s current social host law.
- Auto accidents and trucking accidents caused by another person’s negligence can be pursuable actions.
- Employers that have failed to properly maintain machinery can be held liable.
- Manufacturers or distributors of a defective product can be held responsible for a product that causes a negligent death. This is known as a product liability case.
- Police misconduct, such as excessive force during an arrest, may be a pursuable action.
- Spinal or brain injury, slip and fall, dog bites and many other incidents can result in a wrongful death.
Why Choose The Olive Law Firm?
If you are suffering from the loss of a loved one due to another person’s negligence, call our firm today to schedule your free case evaluation. Our law firm is made up of compassionate legal professionals who understand the difficulties that you and your family are facing. We are here to listen, and we may be able to get you the compensation that you deserve to re-establish your life. There is no fee unless we win your case.
A Note About Compensation and Damages
Any discussion of compensation and pursuable damages on this site is for informational purposes only. Every case is different and must be evaluated separately. We do not represent that similar results will be achieved in your case.